Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wake me up when September ends


So cliched, but totally sums up my September.

I was craving for cupcakes last night. It has been a long time since I craved for cupcakes, probably since one of Michy's birthday when we bought a big box of Wondermilk cuppacakes to surprise her.

Cupcakes are really expensive treats and are usually not worth it. The main thing that determines the acceptability of cupcakes is, to me the frosting. MOST cupcakes have frostings which are so hard you can peel them off the cupcake and they still stand nicely on their own. Now that's not something I want to be eating. God knows what went into that frosting to make it so.. erect...

In my opinion, the best cupcakes in Melbourne CBD that I've tasted so far is Little Cupcakes on Degraves Street. The soft frosting crumbles when you touch it and melts in your mouth. The cupcake base does not feel dry and hard. Now that's a good 8 blocks from my apartment, but for the love of desserts, I decided to go there for some good cupcakes and not those crappy shit I can get near my place.


The shop is extremely narrow and small. By the time I arrived, at 3pm most of the cupcakes have already been sold out. I bought 4 mini cupcakes which cost me a painful 8AUD. I'm not kidding when I say mini.

I held this box and walked all the 8 blocks home, not allowing myself to tram since I'm gonna have cupcakes. To my horror, I dropped the box on the street while walking home. Thankfully the lid did not pop open.

To add on to this, for the whole month, I have been experiencing a series of unfortunate events.

1. I dropped my apartment keys into the elevator shaft (probably measuring about 3cm wide). Cost me 57AUD to replace my keys. The building manager couldn't believe anyone could be that clumsy for that to happen.

2. I cracked a rotten egg that had cancer or something. The egg was BLACK inside and the smell, can't be described in words.

3. I wasted almost 2 weeks waiting for my materials which I ordered 3 weeks ago to arrive.

4. Got charged an overdraft fee by the bank because I forgot to put money in for rent.

I'm so glad September is about to end.

I hope October will be a better month, coz I'll be taking my IELTS and I need EXCELLENT results lest I have to spend another 300AUD to retake it until I get the required results to apply for PR.

By the way, did I mention that the frosting on the cupcakes was so soft and wonderful...?


I came home with smashed up cupcakes. I tried my best to arrange it to look almost presentable for a photo. But it still tasted pretty good. I guess that's the icing on top of the cake..

No comments:

Post a Comment