Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rainbowe


Spring is awesome. You get rain in the midst of an extremely sunny day! But not everyone loves spring. Spring time is when Daniel gets the hay fever crap all over again. Apparently you get sensitive after years of living here. So I'm still quite fresh off the boat and therefore still immune to it. Dread the day when I turn stale and start sneezing until my eyes pop out, then I wouldn't be able to see that rainbow and spring would suck.

Anyway, beautiful rainbow outside my apartment.

Speaking of rainbows, these videos never fail to make me laugh:



Autotunes is amazing. I have lost all my respect for singers like Ke$ha and those R&B crap. Not that there was much to begin with.

I have got to learn how to post videos on the blog. Even posting pictures is a chore. All my pictures appear on top of the post when I type my entry and I can't seem to cut and paste them. I need to highlight and then paste them to wherever I want. What a drag, maybe I'll lose interest in blogging again :S

***

My lab equipment finally arrived after 2 weeks of waiting. Today I spent 5 hours carrying out solid phase extraction to extract the phenolic compounds from my cranberry juice. Thank God for the iPhone! I'd be bored to death just sitting there waiting. I couldn't use the computers in the comp lab coz the solid-phase exchange column must not be dry at any time so I had to always be in the lab and watch it slowly drip and top it up when it's about to get empty.

I'm not saying iPhone is the best phone ever, coz I know there're many anti-iPhoners out there. I just happen to use one and got used to all its functions and am perfectly comfortable with it and therefore see no point in changing it to some other smart phone.

I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to finish the experimental part of my project.

2 comments:

  1. The problem with Blogger's photo upload system is that text tends to wrap around the images.

    You can change that by running a very small mod as I'll demonstrate here.

    Note that I'm replacing arrow brackets (<) with angular brackets ([) for this tutorial, and to colour the text for presentation purposes, I've done this in 'Compose', rather than 'Edit HTML' where it should be done.

    The images' coding starts with [a onblur.....{space}href="......"[

    It later continues with a [img style="....."] then closes with a [/a]

    To make life easier for us, what you do is that you remove everything between [a... and href=", then everything between [img.... and src, and everything between the close quote mark AFTER 'src' and close angular bracket (>).

    Note that there must be a space left between the elements I just described.

    Done a printscreen here, might be helpful. http://bit.ly/a5xuSi

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanx for that!

    I will look into it, when I'm... in the mood for HTML stuff.. :P

    ReplyDelete