Saturday, July 11, 2009

Results


For the past 3 years of my uni life, I have always felt the adrenaline rush due to the anticipation of the release of exam results. The results for Melbourne U were released yesterday and suffice to say, I'm one satisfied student.


I've been having terrible internet connection for my entire stay in Malaysia. It is so bad that I can't even load Restaurant City at all on some nights. Makes me wonder if I can actually live with such internet if I decide to come back from Australia for good.

Since I left for the land down under, I have noticed a few changes which I have adopted from living there. For one, I feel that I always say thank you to the waiters and sometimes I know they don't even acknowledge or bother to listen.

Another big difference I noticed is escalator manners. In Australia, you do not hog the whole escalator by standing side by side with your friend,chatting away throughout your ride. You get told off for doing such things! Poeple usually stand to one side of the escalator so that others in a rush can run up and down. Probably people here don't use trains or public transport enough to know that even one minute will cost you to miss a train and you'll end up waiting another 30 mins for the next train.

***

Due to my current internet state, I have been watching series on my computer to kill time. I have been introduced recently to an old series that has been around for a long time and I have always thought of it as being less than intelligent (bimbotic). But after watching it, I find it amusing and funny because each episode tackles taboo issues that people most people find awkward to discuss.


Recognize these four infamous characters? haha.. I've been watching sex and the city from season 1 and it has totally changed my mind about it. Initially, I always thought that it was about shopping and make up and looking pretty. After watching a few episodes, I realised it was nothing like that and it actually gets your mind thinking about issues that you never knew existed! :P

Anyway, I only have another week left in Malaysia. I should be out watching more movies before I head back. Just watched Ice Age the other day. The movie was so so, but the popcorn was definitely good. :P I want to watch more movies!!

2 comments:

  1. so that you can eat more caramel popcorns eh?
    and yes, way to go SATC babeh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! yeah man! I can't stop at one episode!
    SATC ended d right? Not shooting anymore?

    ReplyDelete