Friday, July 3, 2009

Surge of spontaneity


I've never been one who does things spontaneously. It's quite obvious that I'm not a risk taker. I tend to consider probably too many things before deciding on stuff like an expensive purchase or anything that involves me making a decision. I'm nobody likes making decisions or to be around me when I have to make one.


Recently, I've been told to break out of my self-made cocoon to embrace the wonderful thing that is spontaneity. It did help me make a few decisions and to date which I don't think I have regreted YET.

The first thing was last year when I was deciding on my final semester elective. I was undecided about it and decided to follow my guts to take a subject that was deemed tough by the seniors. People gave me discouraging remarks and looks when I told them I was taking it as an elective. I did doubt myself throughout the semester coz I didn't do too well for my coursework. But all in all, I didn't regret taking the subject.

The second big decision of course was to take my masters in Australia. It was definitely a very huge decision considering how sheltered I usually am back home. But I guess everybody has to grow up at a certain point in life. I cannot say that I do not regret the decision because the toughest part has yet to come. The past semester has been loads of fun coz I wasn't entirely alone and independent yet but i know that when I return to Melb the next semester, reality is going to be a bitch.

I certainly hope that circumstances will not reach a point which makes me feel like I have made the wrong decision by going to Aus.

***

Actually when I thought about the title for this post, I wanted to talk about my recent surge to splurge spontaneously :P

Since I reached Melbourne, I have been wanting to change my hp due to a spontaneous decision I made which I came to regret. After doing much researh and comparing phone prices between Malaysia and Aus, I decided that I should come back to Malaysia to get my new hp.

Last night in 1u, I bought a new hp without doing any EXCESSIVE online research!

My new red W705 walkman phone! I was actually hesitant about it even though I did not need to fork out a single cent for it. But I guess spontaneity won this time around! I really adore this phone, and to top it of, the colour is just perfect! Thanx to my bro, I'm now a happy girl with her very first slide phone! :D

1 comment:

  1. u havent did the spontaneous thing that i asked u to do when u were in melbourne..

    perm + colour your hair!

    ReplyDelete